Entering a recipe—Procedure 4
FoodChoices® enables you to add data for a recipe into your database. This might be:
- a recipe that you want to use in dietary analysis
- a recipe for a new product that you are developing in food technology.
The following steps explain how to enter recipe data. Follow these steps when completing Exercise 4.
- To start
If you do not have FoodChoices® running, in the lower left corner of your screen, click Start, click All Programs, and click FoodChoices 2009.
- To create a new recipe document
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Recipe.
- Click the General tab
- In the Name box, type the name for the recipe—for example, Vegetable Soup.
- In the Folder box, select the folder in which you want to save this recipe. If you want to create a new folder, click the ellipsis (…) button beside the folder box, type the name of the new folder—for example, Vegetable Recipes—and then press OK.
- In the Description box, type a description of the recipe.
General tabbed page for Vegetable Soup
- To enter the ingredients
- In the open document, click the Ingredients tab.
- Click in the Ingredient column and type the first two to four letters of each word in the food name. Use the arrow keys to select the food from the dropdown list, then press Enter on the keyboard.
- Click in the Quantity column and type the number of units for the measure that you want to use. Use the arrow keys to select the measure, or type the first few letters of the measure name, then press Enter on the keyboard. For example, if you want to enter 30 grams, type 30g or 30, then click on g on the list of options.
- Repeat the above steps for each ingredient.
Ingredients tabbed page for Vegetable Soup
- To enter the number of serves
In the Number of Serves box (at the bottom of the Ingredients column) enter the number of serves that this recipe makes.
- To record the method for the recipe (optional)
Click the Method tab and type in the method.
- To save the recipe
Click Save on the Toolbar.
- To view and examine the analyses and graphs
- To print the results
See Procedure 8.
- To use the new recipe
Your recipe is automatically added to the list of foods from which to select. You can now use the recipe in your other work.
Note: Refer to Procedure 1 for Tips on entering foods