Viewing analyses and graphs for a food diary or meal plan—Procedure 2
The following steps explain how to view analyses and graphs for a food diary or meal plan.
Follow these steps when completing Exercise 2.
- To start
- If you do not have FoodChoices® running, in the lower left corner of your screen, click Start, click All Programs, and click FoodChoices 2009.
- Open the food diary or meal plan to be viewed. To do this, click on the folder in the Navigation Pane that contains the food diary or meal plan. The food diary or meal plan appears in the lower part of the Navigation Pane. Click on the required food diary or meal plan. For example, you could use ‘Vini’ in the ‘Samples’ folder.
- In the open document, click on the Foods tab (just under the name of the open document). This will show you the list of foods in the food diary or meal plan.
- To view the analyses
To view the analyses, use either the left or right arrows in the Analysis Pane, or the downward arrow that gives the options in the drop-down list. In the Analysis Pane, click the arrow buttons to see each analysis. You should be able to see: General; Profile; All Components; EER, EAR, UL, AI; SDT; RDI; Goals; and Food list.
- If values for some Nutrient Reference Values—for example, RDI—are not showing in the Analysis Pane, check that you have entered all the personal details on the General tab.
- Goals are only shown in the Analysis Pane if customised goals have been set (see below).
- You can use Nutrient Profile analysis to display the nutrients of your choice. To do this, in the Analysis Pane, select Profile, right click in the Profile box, select Edit Profile and make the changes.
- Refer back to Procedure 1 for tips if question marks appear in your analyses.
All components analysis
EER, EAR, UL, AI analysis
Setting personalised goals
- To set the target range for a nutrient:
- In the relevant food diary or meal plan, click the NRVs/Goals tab.
- In the Minimum column, type the target minimum value for a nutrient.
- In the Maximum column, type the target maximum value for a nutrient.
- To examine how your food diary or meal plan is measuring up, go to the Analysis Pane and select Goals.
- To view the different types of graphs
On the Toolbar, click View graphs. Click on the type of graph you wish to view from the tabs across the top.
- To view the different styles of graphs
On the Toolbar, click View graphs.
- Click on the type of graph you wish to view from tabs across the top.
- To set the Style of the graph, click Style in the Graphs window and a drop-down list will appear.
- Click on 2D or 3D, according to the style of graph you want. A tick will indicate your selection.
- Choose whether you want a horizontal or vertical bar graph or a pie graph and click on your choice. Again a tick will indicate your selection.
Note: Goals are only shown in the Graphs window if customised goals have been set.
EAR 3D vertical bar graph
PFCA 3D horizontal bar graph
PMS 3D pie graph
- To print the results
See Procedure 8.