Publishing analyses, graphs and labels to a Microsoft Word document—Procedure 12
The following steps explain how to publish analyses, graphs and nutrition information panels to a Microsoft Word document.
- To start
- If you do not have FoodChoices® running, in the lower left corner of your screen, click Start, click All Programs, and click FoodChoices 2009.
- Open the food diary, meal plan or recipe for which information is to be printed. To do this, click the folder in the Navigation Pane that contains the food diary, meal plan or recipe. The documents appear in the lower part of the Navigation Pane. Click the name of the document from which information is to be published—for example, open ‘Abey’ in the ‘Samples’ Folder.
- To publish FoodChoices® tables and graphs for a food diary, meal plan or recipe to a Word document.
- On the Toolbar, click File, then Publish.
- You will be invited to open a new Blank Word document. Click OK.
- The FoodChoices® tool window will appear on screen. From this you can select which aspect of FoodChoices® you would like to publish into your Microsoft Word document. The aspects chosen will be imported into the Word document at the position where the curser is located.
- Click Name on the FoodChoices® tool window to insert the name of the FoodChoices® document.
- Click Description to insert the description to appear as it appears in the General page of your FoodChoices® open window.
- Click Person details for a Meal Plan or Food Diary to insert the details regarding age, weight, height and activity level as they appear on the General page of your open FoodChoices® window. For a Recipe you may insert the Method for the recipe.
- Click Foods to insert the list of foods in the food diary, meal plan or recipe.
- Click Analyses to insert tables of the analyses of your choices. Click on those required, one at a time—for example, All Nutrients, Nutrient Profile, EARs, AIs, RDIs, ULs and energy ratios.
- If you wish to insert graphs into your Word document, place the curser at the point where the graph is to be inserted. On the FoodChoices® tool window that is showing in the Word document, click Graphs and then select the analyses for which graphs are required—for example, EARs, AIs, RDIs, ULs, PFCA, PMS.
- When you have imported all information into your Word document, close the FoodChoices® tool window.
- You may now use the data in your Word document as part of writing a report, or may copy the information, tables or graphs into a report that you have been working on.
- To modify graphs in a Microsoft Word document
- Once the graphs are imported into a Word document, they may be modified according to a style of your choice. To do this, right click somewhere in the graph and click Chart Object from the list that appears, and then Open. On the graph toolbar, select Chart and then the Chart Type and Chart sub-type from the options that appear, then click OK. Return to the Word document and the new type of graph will appear.
- To label the graph and the axes, right click on the graph and click Chart Object from the list that appears, and then Open. On the graph toolbar, select Chart, then Chart Options and type the title of the graph and of the axes in the spaces provided. Click OK. Return to the Word document and the labels will appear on the graph.
- To publish nutrition information panels to a Word document
See Procedure 11.